• Welcome to Thai Audio/Video Club. Please or

28 October 2021, 02:44:47 am

News:

การลงทะเบียน ผู้สมัครต้องส่งบัตรประชาชน ยืนยันตัวตนครับ (กำกับด้วยว่า ใช้สมัครสมาชิกบอร์ดเท่านั้น  ปิดเลขบัตร ปิด barcode ปิด วันเกิด ปิดที่อยู่  เปิดแค่ชื่อ นามสกุล กับรูปภาพ ก็พอครับ) http://www.thaiavclub.org/Forum/index.php?topic=2816.0

Swapping Systems!!!

Started by yithai, 20 November 2005, 11:28:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yithai

Swapping System 1:

Musical Fidelity A5 CD Player
Spectral Audio DMC 30
Spectral Audio DMA 360
Quad ESL 988
MIT Z-Stabilizer MKII
MIT MI 350 Shotgun EVO
MIT MH 850 Shotgun EVO
MIT Z-Cord MK I

This system is very fast and very smooth.  Better transparancy, clarity, and bass definition.  With just some lost in musical bloom provided by prior amplification, Atmasphere M-50 MKii OTL.
Yithai

yithai

Yithai

yithai

System 2:

MicroMega T-Drive
NPE DAC NOS Filterless
DIY Hifi Supply Django Transformer Volume control
Transcendent Sound SEOTL
BD Design Singular with Fostex FE 207
Belden Interconnect Cable
Lamp Cord
Yithai

yithai

Yithai

jtr

:aktion033:
แค่เห็นภาพ ยังประทับขนาดนี้
ถ้าได้ยินเสียงด้วย....
...จะประทับใจแค่ไหนนะ...

โอว..เมื่อความละมุนละไมของอังกฤษ
มาพบกับความสดชื่นร่าเริงของอเมริกา
น่าคิด น่าสน น่าชื่นชมด้วยคนครับ

:jedi:  
Music is a universal language, and needs not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.

paganini

สายลำโพงที่ใช้กับ System ที่สองใช้สายอะไรครับ แล้วก็อยากทราบแนวเสียงด้วยครับ

yithai

This system has a very direct and airy sound.  Very easy to listen too.  As u might expect that the highs and lows are rolled off considerably.   I could not describe much about the bass though, since it doesn't play that low enough.  It sounds pretty good on certain kind of music that doesn't require much low end bass, like jazz and vocals.  I think it requires considerable toe-in to get a better image and stage, I will do so when i have time.  Off axis sounds worse.  As for speaker cables, I am using a lamp cord for the moment.  :D  
Yithai

Karin Preeda

SE-OTL นี่ซื้อตรงจาก Transcendent Sound เลยหรือเปล่าครับ?

Karin Preeda

น่าแปลกตรงที่เวลาผมฟังพวก single source อย่าง Fostex ผมจะรู้สึกว่า image มันดีกว่าเมื่อ toe-in น้อยๆหรือไม่ toe-in เลย เพราะถ้า toe-in เข้ามามากๆ จะรู้สึกเหมือนฟังหูฟังครับ

yithai

Dear K. Karin

Yes, the SE-OTL came directly from Transcendent Sound Inc.  The Amp was shipped to my friend in US and later was sent to me when she is visiting Thailand krub.

As for toe-in.  I have read your post prior, so I did try it without toe-in.  I think the image is diffuse and lack focus.  To me, I think a bit of toe-in (speakers cross behind my listening position) give me a better overall sound and illusion.  I didn't experience the headphone like sound from this, may be because I have a considerable distance from speakers to my listening postion, it is about 4 meters.  Plus, the toe in was not directly aim at me.  

Cheers
Hai  
Yithai

Karin Preeda

เป็นไปได้ครับ เพราะระยะห่างของลำโพงผมประมาณ 2.8 เมตร ส่วนระยะฟังจากตรงกลางลำโพงประมาณ 2.1 เมตร ถ้าถอยห่างๆออกมาอาจจะต้องการ toe in ก็ได้ครับ